Tips and statistics for combatting childhood tooth decay, which affects millions of children annually. Celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month!
- 23% of kids (2-11) have untreated dental cavities
- 20% of adolescents (12-19) have untreated decay
- Properly aligned teeth can help prevent tooth decay
- 11% of kids who had limited access to dental care missed school due to poor oral health
- Children who report having tooth pain are 4x more likely to have a low grade point average
- To prevent future dental problems, children should begin going to annual dentist visits by their first birthday
- Children can see an orthodontist as young as age 7 to prevent future dental problems