Are you feeling a little overwhelmed by life in quarantine? We’ve got some ideas to help you make the most out of this period of social isolation. You’d be surprised just how far a daily routine and some self-care can get you!
The Importance of Establishing a Healthy Daily Routine
What day is it? If you’ve asked yourself this question lately, a routine may help! We don’t realize the importance of healthy daily routines until somebody (or something) throws a wrench into ours. While COVID-19 has derailed most daily routines, it has also opened the door for new experiences and opportunities.
Building a Daily Routine for Kids
Parents around the world have one question at the forefront of their minds — why aren’t teachers paid more? With schools closed, parents have been forced to play a more active role in their children’s education. This change, perhaps more than any other, has led to some hilarious social media posts.
Kids feel the same levels of stress about quarantine as adults. Creating a routine for your kids is one of the best things you can do for them during this period of social isolation. Here are some tips:
- Enforce normal school bedtimes and wake-up times.
- Plan each day to include self-care, class time, and plenty of playtime.
- Don’t forget to include housekeeping/chores and family fun activities.
- Limit the amount of “screen time” on electronic devices.
Finding Time for Self-Care
It’s easy to lose yourself in a social media feed or Netflix binge, but this is also probably contributing to your stress and frustration. Self-care is more important than ever, and small changes like these can have a huge impact on your mental health:
- Build a daily routine and stick to it!
- Take walks outside (remember to maintain social distancing!), or follow a daily exercise program.
- Eat healthy meals.
- Connect with friends and family. Even if they aren’t in your house, you can call, text, or take advantage of video calls.
- Tackle those projects you’ve been meaning to finish.
- Put some extra effort into personal care, especially your oral care routine!
No matter what makes you feel better, be sure to make time to unwind and reset each day. A dedicated self-care routine will be essential in getting through quarantine with your health (and sanity) intact!
Share Your #ReasonsToSmile with Us
We are all in this together! Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics is taking every precaution to ensure that our patients can safely receive emergency treatments. We’re also challenging everyone to find a #ReasonToSmile every day. Follow us on Instagram to share yours!