Article at a Glance
- Braces correct problems like crowding of teeth and bite deviations that would otherwise impact your oral health and cause pain.
- Depending on the type of treatment you need and the options you choose, braces can cost anywhere between $3,000 and $7,000.
- Many insurance plans will offset some of the cost of braces for kids and teens.
- There are many ways to make braces more affordable including braces payment plans and dental savings plans.
Braces are often associated with awkward teenage years and embarrassing yearbook photos. The truth is, braces have evolved, and more people of all ages are embracing the opportunity to improve their smiles.
Benefits of Braces
Orthodontic treatment is about more than straightening teeth. From crowded teeth to overbites, braces can correct issues before they can affect your oral health and cause you pain. Braces can improve oral health to give you a healthy, beautiful smile. Even people with seemingly straight teeth can have other conditions that could affect their gums and jaws.
Modern orthodontic treatment looks a lot different than it did twenty years ago. Braces are less noticeable than ever, and some options are even “invisible.” These advancements have made wearing braces less of a stigma and more common than ever. Even adults are taking action and choosing braces to correct their smiles.
How Much do Braces Cost?
Can you really put a price on a healthy smile? Whether you’re a parent at a consult with your teen or an adult hoping to make some long-desired corrections, pricing should be a factor in your decision.
Sports, musical instruments, school supplies, and new clothes and shoes for every growth spurt are probably already eating away at your family budget. So, when your dentist recommends a consult with an orthodontist, you’re first instinct is probably how it will impact your already tight budget. Just how much do braces cost for kids? Depending on the amount of work your child needs, you could be looking at anywhere from $3,000 to $7,000 for orthodontic treatment.
If you’re exploring orthodontic treatment options for yourself, you’re probably wondering how much do braces cost for adults? The overall cost will generally be similar to that of a child or teen, but it will also depend on what type of braces you choose and if your insurance will help cover some of the cost as an adult.
If this seems daunting, don’t give up because there are options for affordable braces and the long-term benefits will make your investment well worthwhile.
Paying for Braces Without Breaking Your Budget
Even if you don’t have the extra cash laying around to pay for your braces outright, there are options to make braces affordable. From installment plans to flexible spending accounts, there are definitely options for people of all ages to pay for braces.
- How much do braces cost with insurance? Though many insurance plans don’t cover braces if you’re over 18, they do tend to cover orthodontic treatment for kids and teens. Insurance can cover around half of the cost though there is usually a lifetime maximum so check with your provider to be sure.
- If you don’t have insurance, or your insurance doesn’t cover orthodontics, look for an orthodontist who has a dental savings plan that can lower your costs.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) are excellent options for using some of that money over the course of a year.
- Braces payment plans are available through many orthodontists to spread your overall cost over several months instead of all at once.
- Use a credit card to pay it all up front or make a down payment and then pay the rest using a payment plan. If you have a credit card that offers cash back or earns points towards a goal, you will have some extra perks.
- Check into orthodontic schools that may offer you a lower cost in exchange for students to learn the process. Keep in mind that all of the treatment you’d receive would be supervised.
Jefferson Dental Care’s Summer of Smiles – Making Braces Affordable
Offering affordable braces is just one way Jefferson Dental Care hopes to create beautiful smiles for your entire family. Starting June 1, 2019, Jefferson Dental Care will be running a Summer of Smiles promotion for patients starting orthodontic treatment. If you’ve been considering braces for you or a member of your family, now is the time to act for incredible pricing, some additional terms apply. Make your appointment soon at the Jefferson Dental Care clinic nearest you to explore your options today. Act fast because the Summer of Smiles promotion ends August 17, 2019.