Back-to-school is stressful and exciting for kids and parents. Many kids are heading to classes with new clothes, new backpacks, and new braces. Oral care with braces can be a bit different, so it’s a good idea to create a plan with your kids before they head back to school. Dallas Moms Collective recently featured a back-to-school post from Jefferson Dental Care about helping your kids properly care for their braces at school.
If your child is unsure about caring for their braces at school, try some of these tips to ease the transition.
- Make a plan for brushing teeth at lunch.
- Discuss what to do if your child has a braces emergency at school.
- Create a braces care kit so your child feels prepared.
- If allowed, have your child carry a water bottle to keep hydrated all day and help rinse bacteria and debris away.
- Talk about healthy lunch options if your child is buying the school lunch and have plenty of braces-friendly foods available if they pack lunch.
To help with your child’s smile, Jefferson Dental Care is offering back-to-school specials including extra discounts on treatment, deals on braces, and all patients under 18 will receive a backpack with school supplies after their visit! To take advantage of these deals, make an appointment at the Jefferson Dental Care clinic nearest you today!