There is nothing greater than a bright, white smile. Young or old, boy or girl, it doesn’t matter. But go back and think when was the last time you caught yourself smiling when looking at yourself in the mirror. Today, yesterday, or maybe a year ago?
This week we want to make it the official week of the mirror, but with a smile. Make your day even better, look your best, and have a great day. Did you know that a smile is incredibly powerful, and even has great health properties? Take a look:
- Smiling makes us attractive. We are naturally drawn to people who smile and want to know them better.
- Smiling changes our mood. Next time you are feeling down, look yourself in the mirror, and smile. You may be surprised how good it feels.
- Smiling is contagious. A smile lightens up a room and makes things happier.
- Smiling relieves stress. However simple this may seem, this is an incredibly powerful tool to relieve the hardships of a stressful day, or stressful moments.
- Smiling boosts your immune system. Yes, that’s correct. When you smile, your immune functions tend to improve and help you stay away from colds and other illnesses.
It’s simple, isn’t it? Ancient Mayan culture says that mirrors take away negative feelings by “cutting all shadows” and allowing us to first see our true selves, and from there gain a true image of all others around us. Aztec culture says that mirrors are windows into our souls that will never lie to us and through which our true internal beauty is exposed. Culture and lore are always fascinating, and whether ancient beliefs may be true or not, what we can’t deny is that a smile can say more than a thousand words. When you wake up tomorrow morning and go to the mirror, give it a shot. What a better way to start the day.