Your smile is the first thing people notice about you, your first impression on the world. If you’re not happy with this first impression, isn’t it time to get a smile that shows the world the real, true, beautiful you? Here are six things you can start doing now to begin this journey:
1. Straighten Your Teeth with Braces
Braces are common in tweens and teens, but also more and more adults are choosing braces as a way to improve their smile. Modern braces have a lower profile and remain and are still an effective way to straighten teeth and improve overall oral health.
2. Improve Your Smile with Invisalign®
Maybe you’re not crazy about metal and wires in your mouth, but you really want straighter teeth. Invisalign may be a great option for you. The clear plastic aligners slowly move your teeth over time, just as braces do, plus they are removable, which makes eating and drinking easier.
3. Refine Your Oral Hygiene
Your oral hygiene routine is one of the most important parts of your day. Caring for your mouth with regular brushing and flossing prevents cavities, keeps your breath fresh, and so much more.
4. Teeth Whitening
It’s easier than ever to make a change if you’re unhappy with the color of your teeth. There are several teeth-whitening products and methods to choose from, and your dentist can recommend the best option for you based on your habits. Ask us about our free whitening for life offer next time you visit Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics to find out all of the details,
5. Restorative Options
Sometimes braces and whitening can’t correct what you don’t like about your smile. Don’t worry, you’re not out of luck. There are plenty of other ways to get a smile you’ll love.
- Dental crowns are commonly used to rebuild teeth after root canals, but they can do a lot more. From covering discolored or misshapen teeth to supporting weak or damaged teeth, dental crowns are versatile options for many patients.
- Another option for correcting the color or shape of a tooth is a dental veneer. The thin shell essentially caps a tooth to make it more uniform and still look natural in your mouth.
- Dental implants are an excellent option for people who want to replace missing teeth. They prevent further bone loss and look like your real teeth.
6. Regular Dental Visits
One of the most important parts of any good oral health routine is keeping up with regular dental check-ups. When you visit every six months, your dentist can identify any potential issues early on. Besides, who doesn’t love the way your teeth look after a professional cleaning?