Article at a Glance
- Dental Assistant Recognition Week is the perfect time to recognize the importance of dental assistants and bring awareness to good oral healthcare.
- There are many ways to show your dental assistants that you appreciate what they do including banners in the office and shout outs on social media.
- Some gift ideas for dentals assistants could be flowers, balloons, gift cards, or Dental Assistants Recognition Week gear.
Dental assistants are responsible for a large part of any trip to the dentist. It’s only fitting they should receive recognition for how hard they work every day to make patient experiences the best they can be. Dental Assistants Recognition Week is here, and we’ve got some ideas about how you can show your appreciation too!
The Importance of Dental Assistants
Dental assistants are some of the most important people in any dental office. They are responsible for a variety of tasks around the office ranging from taking and developing x-rays to obtaining medical histories and even sterilizing equipment. Dental assistants are also responsible for a large part of patient care. They are often the ones who teach us about preventative dentistry, good oral hygiene habits, and how to use new dental or orthodontic devices.
Think about your last trip to the dentist. Who did you have the most interaction with? Chances are, it was a dental assistant who made you feel comfortable and ensured the appointment went smoothly. Dental assistants are often the most versatile members of a dentist’s staff and ensure you receive quality dental care.
How to Show Appreciation for Your Dental Assistants
Every year, the first full week of March is dedicated to recognizing and celebrating dental assistants. This year, the theme for the week is “Today’s Dental Assistants – Polished, Poised, & Professional,” to pay tribute to the growing role dental assistants play in health care.
From banners to advertisements to social media shout-outs, there are many ways to show appreciation for your dental assistants. If you’re looking to recognize your dental assistants, post a picture or special thank you on social media with the hashtag #DARW2019.
Gift Ideas for Dental Assistants
Another way to show your appreciation is with a small gift and a personalized, handwritten thank you note. If you’re not quite sure how to recognize your dental assistant, we’ve compiled a list of ideas.
- Flowers and balloons sent to or dropped off at the office.
- Gift cards are popular options. You can slip them into a card with a handwritten note to make them more personal.
- Order some custom Dental Assistants Recognition Week You can find everything from buttons to pins to travel mugs and your dental assistants will think of you whenever they use the items!
Your Dental Assistant Wants You to Have Good Oral Hygiene
Dental assistants educate and create the best experience for you at the dentist’s office to promote good oral hygiene. They are committed to helping keep your mouth healthy and your smile bright. It is recommended that you see your dentist – and your dental assistants – every six months. If you’re due for a check-up and teeth cleaning, contact the Jefferson Dental Care office closest to you to schedule an appointment today!