Cleaning your teeth with braces can be tricky but it is essential to achieving optimum results! Neglecting to properly clean your teeth can result in a build up of food particles between your teeth and brackets. These particles can generate cavity-causing bacteria and even lead to tooth decay!
Check out these tips to cleaning your teeth with braces:
- Use and electric toothbrush and replace them every 3 months
- Brush your teeth at a 45 degree angle
- Brush after every meal
- Visit the dentist every 4-6 weeks
- Consult with your orthodontist about alternative tools to make flossing easier
- Avoid hard and sticky foods that can damage your braces