It can be difficult to make an appointment with a dentist if you don’t think you can pay for the visit. Knowing how much a procedure costs is half the battle, and it may be more affordable than you think.
Let’s break down the average costs of dental procedures to give you a better idea of what to expect. We’ll even touch on some of your payment options so your fear of the cost won’t prevent you from getting the dental care you need!
General Dental Care Costs
Sometimes getting in the door for a check-up can be daunting, especially if you look at everything all at once. It helps to break out the charges for each aspect of your visit.
How Much Does a Dental Check Up Cost?
Visiting your dentist allows them to identify potential issues and make sure your oral health is the best it can be. Preventative dentistry generally involves a lot more than your dentist peeking at your pearly whites.
- Average Exam Costs: $60 – $90
- Average Cost of X-rays: $75-$100
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: Free!*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: offers a price match guarantee* to ensure our patients get the best value at affordable prices. We believe in delivering a high standard of care that’s affordable and accessible to people who need it. We remain committed to helping our patients get the care they need.
How Much Does Dental Teeth Cleaning Cost?
Your teeth feel wonderful when you’re done, so just how much does a dental cleaning cost? It depends on your age and the level of cleaning you need.
- Average Cost of Basic Dental Cleaning for an Adult: $115-$150
- Average Cost of Basic Dental Cleaning for a Child: $80-$110
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: $55*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: offers the same price match promise* and will work with our patients to provide the quality care they require.
How Much Does Dental Deep Cleaning Cost?
A deep cleaning, also known as periodontal therapy, helps patients with evidence of gum disease. It involves scaling and root planing to prevent tooth loss due to periodontitis or a severe gum infection.
- Average Cost of Teeth Deep Cleaning: $200-$1200
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: our price match guarantee* extends to deep cleanings
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: $596*
Dental Fillings and Extractions Costs
It happens, sometimes you need some work due to a cavity or accident. Fillings and tooth extractions are often necessary for several reasons, and they can require additional work, including root canals and crowns.
How Much Do Fillings Cost?
When you get a cavity that needs repaired, your dental team cleans out the cavity and fills it with a material to keep your tooth strong and healthy. The cost of fillings varies depending on the tooth, how many surfaces need work, and the type of material used.
- Average Cost of Filling (silver): $100-$275
- Average Cost of Filling (white): $135-$400
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan members: $80*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: the price match guarantee includes fillings*
How Much Does a Dental Crown Cost?
Dental crowns, or caps, restore function to a weakened or damaged tooth. The cost of a tooth crown depends on the tooth, how much prep work is necessary, and the material of the crown.
- Average Cost of Dental Crowns: $1000-$2000
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: $595*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: we remain competitive in our area and extend our price match guarantee* to dental crowns
How Much Does a Root Canal and Crown Cost?
A root canal can save your tooth and relieve pain due to damage. The cost of the root canal depends on the location of the tooth, how much work it needs, and if a crown is necessary.
- Average Cost of Root Canal (anterior): $500-$1300
- Average Cost of Root Canal (molar): $800-$1700
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: $675*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: our price match promise* is consistent with our desire to provide quality care to all patients who need it.
Tooth Extraction and Replacement Costs
When your dental team cannot save a tooth, it requires extraction. Even people with excellent oral hygiene can require a tooth extraction at some point. If you do need a tooth extracted, you probably also want it replaced, so let’s look at those options as well.
How Much Does a Tooth Extraction Cost?
The cost of tooth extraction depends heavily on the condition of the tooth. If a tooth is impacted it can be more complicated that a fully erupted tooth. Also, if anesthesia is necessary, it can cost more.
- Average Cost of Surgical Tooth Extraction: $200-$300
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: $189*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: we will work with our patients who need tooth extractions to ensure they receive the care they need
Wisdom tooth Removal Cost?
Wisdom tooth extraction is extremely common because while everyone is born with wisdom teeth, they don’t always help. In fact, wisdom teeth frequently cause pain because there isn’t room for them in your mouth. Sometimes, wisdom teeth never erupt and cause even more problems for people.
The cost of wisdom tooth extraction depends on how many teeth you have (many people are missing one or more wisdom teeth) and whether they are impacted or erupted. Fully erupted wisdom teeth tend to be simple extractions. Impacted teeth require surgical removal and sutures to close the incision.
- Average Cost of Simple wisdom tooth extractions: can cost as little as $100 per tooth.
- Average Cost of Impacted wisdom teeth removal: can cost $200 or more per tooth.
How Much Do Dentures Cost?
Dentures are a popular option for replacing lost teeth. They are removable but fill the spaces left by missing teeth. Pricing depends on whether it’s an upper or lower partial denture.
- Average Cost of Partial Dentures: $1300-$2000
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: $795*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: prices vary depending on your needs, but we are committed to delivering quality care to our patients and will work with you to provide the quality care you need.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants offer a more permanent solution to missing teeth. Though the process takes longer, it is an excellent option for preserving your smile. They look and function like natural teeth, integrate with your jaw, and help prevent bone loss.
- Average Cost of Dental Implants (single tooth): $2000-$6000
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Dental Savings Plan Members: $1945*
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: reach out to our team about your options to learn more and know that we do have a price match guarantee
What is the Cost of Full Mouth of Dental Implants?
The price of having a full mouth of dental implants can seem daunting given the cost of a single tooth implant. If it is something you want to explore, it’s best to discuss options with your dental team, but you can expect pricing to average around $30,000.
People of all ages turn to braces to straighten teeth and improve their oral health. There are many benefits to straighter teeth, and some people even require braces to correct their smile after a trauma.
How Much Do Braces Cost?
The cost of braces varies depending on the type of braces you choose and how involved your treatment plan is. Since every patient’s situation is different, one person could wear braces for eight months and another for eighteen months. Compliance with your treatment plan is another major factor.
- Average Cost of Traditional Metal Braces: $2000-$7000
- Average Cost of Invisalign (Removable Trays): $4000-$8000
- Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics: Invisalign now starts as low as $2999*
At Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics, we offer competitive pricing and flexible payment plans so that you can get affordable braces. Additionally, members of our Dental Savings Plan receive additional savings on orthodontic services, up to 50% off, including a free consultation and $400 off on traditional, full braces.
How Much Do Braces Cost for Kids and Teens?
Kids and teens tend to cost less overall (if they follow the treatment plan) because their bones are still growing, so it’s easier to move their teeth into position. Expect to pay anywhere from $2000 to $10000 for kids and teens, depending on the type of braces.
How Much Do Braces Cost for Adults?
Braces for adults can cost a bit more because the treatment tends to take longer. Adult braces usually run between $5000 and $7000, though costs are also impacted by the type of braces you choose.
How Much Do Retainers Cost?
The cost of retainers is often included in the price of braces. However, if you need a replacement, retainers can cost anywhere from $150 to $800 depending on the type.
Cosmetic Dentistry Costs
From whitening to veneers, cosmetic dentistry can boost your self-confidence by giving you the smile you desire. Whether your teeth aren’t quite white, or you have an oddly shaped tooth, these cosmetic procedures can correct those issues for a price.
How Much Does Professional Teeth Whitening Cost?
Professional teeth whitening is safer and more effective than any other option. The cost varies based on the amount of staining and the desired results. Teeth whitening can cost anywhere from $100 to $400. At Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics, members of our Dental Savings Plan can see additional discounts.
How Much Do Dental Veneers Cost?
Dental veneers correct imperfections, like cracked teeth or oddly sized teeth. It consists of shaping your real tooth and then applying a thin sheet on top to give you an even smile. There are two types of veneers available – composite and porcelain.
How Much are Composite Veneers?
Composite veneers are the less expensive option, but they don’t last as long and require more frequent repairs. While they are less expensive, they still cost money, and you can expect to pay several hundred dollars per tooth.
How Much Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are the most popular option because they are more durable. However, they can cost between $900 and $2500 per tooth.
How Much is a Full Set of Veneers?
If you want to revamp your whole smile with veneers, it will cost you somewhere between $10000 and $30000. The final cost depends on how much work is necessary and what material you choose.
For more information on Dental Procedures and their costs, contact your nearest Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics Office and schedule an appointment today!
* Prices may vary on a case by case basis and may be dependent on case severity, these are only an estimate. Price match guarantee must meet prerequisite and is subject to provider discretion.