Many people withhold a smile because they feel embarrassed by stained or yellow teeth. Thankfully, teeth whitening services can change that and give you the best, brightest smile possible!
Several factors can affect the color of your teeth. While you have some control over certain causes, others occur naturally, like aging.
– Antibiotic use during childhood or exposure to high levels of fluoride or tetracycline can lead to dull or discolored teeth later in life.
– Coffee, tea, and any food or drink with tannins can leave behind stains on your teeth.
– Smoking or chewing tobacco discolors teeth.
– Genetics play a part in tooth color, and some people are predisposed to off-colored teeth.
– Aging contributes to tooth discoloration because your teeth naturally darken as you get older.
There are several methods suggested for dental whitening, but they aren’t all effective or safe. When it comes to teeth whitening dentists know the best, safest ways to brighten your teeth. Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics offers two types of teeth whitening services for patients.
– Laser teeth whitening is a quick, in-office treatment that uses a soft laser to whiten tooth enamel. You can see as much as four to six shades difference in about twenty minutes.
– Take home whitening gel trays are custom-made to eliminate stains on your teeth. It’s a gentle, effective way to remove stains from your tooth enamel.
Our dental professionals can help you determine which option is best for your smile to ensure you have the best possible outcome.
Most teeth whitening services don’t damage your tooth enamel because it only alters the color of the dentin, the outer part of your tooth responsible for color. However, some home remedies and alternative treatments could affect your teeth by causing sensitivity and damage to deeper layers.
There are several products on the market that claim to whiten and brighten teeth at home, but they may not all be worth your while. It’s important to know what you’re dealing with before starting any treatment on your teeth.
– Whitening toothpastes claim to gradually whiten your smile, but they only work on surface stains and won’t impact the natural color of your teeth.
– Charcoal whitening involves using activated charcoal to remove debris and tartar build-up, but it only removes surface stains and does nothing to protect against decay.
– Whitening strips may be one of the more controversial teeth whitening options because they vary from brand to brand. Over-the-counter whitening strips can damage your teeth and gums, and even exacerbate existing issues. Additionally, overuse can lead to significant problems with your teeth and gums.
Remember, dentists know how to whiten teeth without damaging enamel. It’s a good idea to speak with a dental professional before trying any tooth whitening treatment because they can alert you to any dangers or concerns involved. You may find that home remedies aren’t worth the hassle or potential costs.
Professional teeth whitening may sound more expensive than the at-home treatments, but it’s safer and more effective. Plus, we offer safe, affordable teeth whitening options that can improve your smile without breaking the bank.
Teeth whitening services cost between $100 and $400 depending on the amount of staining and desired results. At Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics, you can save more with our Dental Savings Plan. We also offer FREE whitening for life at all locations. If you keep up with your oral care, including preventative care visits every six months, you get whitening trays and gel.
Our dental teams provide high-quality dental care for patients of all ages at modern, state-of-the-art facilities. To make our youngest patients more comfortable, we have special kid-friendly play areas and treatment rooms.
We offer thorough, professional exams at every visit, and take extra care to deliver comfortable, hassle-free dental experiences. Plus, our team can manage dental emergencies so that you aren’t in unnecessary pain or discomfort.
Our dental professionals will answer all of your questions thoroughly and teach you how to keep your mouth healthy. We’ll even explain everything in the language of your choice.