Article at a Glance
There are great teeth Halloween costumes for kids like a giant tooth, tooth fairy, or dental professional.
Some costumes are more fun as a group, like the dentist and his niece from Finding Nemo and dental hygiene supplies.
For adults seeking a last-minute DIY costume, try the Orbit Gum Girl or a bloody dental patient.
Halloween was forever changed by social media. The pressure to develop creative, unique costumes is very real and often involves thinking outside the box. With just days left until Halloween, we’ve gathered a list of dental-themed ideas for everybody!
Dental Themed Halloween Costume Ideas for Kids
Many kids can’t wear costumes with masks or makeup to school, but you still need something that can be layered for a cool fall night. These Halloween costume ideas for kids are versatile, comfortable, and will have everybody smiling!
A tooth costume can be crafted from poster board, foam, felt, or fleece with a little effort or you can purchase a pre-made costume. Extra creative points to a “loose tooth” and a full set of teeth complete with lips!
Who can overlook the classic tooth fairy costume? For a simple DIY fix, try a bodysuit, tights, wings, and a tutu. Dress up your costume with a toothbrush wand and a bag of fake teeth.
Dentist or dental hygienist
Pick up scrubs and/or a white coat from a local thrift store. You can decorate a white coat or repurpose a men’s dress shirt as a coat for a child. There are plenty of cool accessories that you can add as well!
Dental Themed Halloween Costumes for Groups
If you’re into Halloween as a family affair or you’re looking for a group theme, these ideas are sure to make a statement at any party. You can easily draw out one character from a category for a solo costume.
- Finding Nemo fans will remember the kindly dentist Dr. Philip Sherman and his not-so-kind niece, Darla Sherman. This is an easy DIY option if you’re out of time.
- The newest incarnation of Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, delved deeper into the famous candy-makers past to reveal his father was a dentist! An excellent group costume would be Dr. Wonka, young Willy Wonka (complete with headgear!), a grown Willy Wonka, and even Wonka candies.
- You can easily do each of these separate, but oral care supplies make a really cool group costume. There are plenty of DIY options for a toothbrush, toothpaste tube, and dental floss.
Adults Only Dental Themed Costumes
Though adults can certainly choose from any of the above ideas, sometimes you desire something a little edgier. These creative Halloween costume ideas would probably fall flat with the younger crowd.
- The Orbit Gum Girl costume is an easy DIY option and you can take a date dressed as a pack of Orbit gum.
- If you’ve ever seen the film version of Little Shop of Horrors, you’ll remember Steve Martin as the sadistic dentist, Dr. Orin Scrivello.
- Caries Fairy, a dark twist on the tooth fairy is a spookier, dental-themed costume for adults. Wear black and carry a tooth wand with clear cavities painted on!
- A very simple, DIY costume is Dr. Stuart Price from The Hangover.
- Don’t go anywhere near the kiddies with the bloody dental patient costume, but it’s another quick, cheap, and easy costume idea.
As you’re enjoying the Halloween fun, don’t forget to mind your teeth with all of the sweets. There are plenty of ways to enjoy the spirit of Halloween without all of the candy.
This is also the perfect time of year to visit your dentist for a check-up and professional teeth cleaning. With the holidays right around the corner, you want to make sure your teeth are in the best shape and your smile is bright for all of those photos! Contact the Jefferson Dental Care clinic nearest you to make an appointment before the holiday rush!
Our Jefferson Dental Content Committee supports our team by educational and informational articles related to what we do, oral care tips, and current events in our communities.